Citrus Slaw Recipe
I have been all about some slaw lately. I live in NC and with the humidity and heat is peaking right now, nothing sounds better for a healthy side then a cool citrus slaw. When most people think of slaw, they think of a mayonnaise base but I wanted to elevate it and lighten up the recipe. Who wants a stomach full of mayonnaise in the summer heat? I sure don’t.
Did I mention this is about the easiest side dish you can make? I’m all about an easy side with all the cooking I’ve been doing during quarantine. I love to cook but sometime I just need an easy mindless recipe like this one. All you have to do is get a pre-packaged bag a slaw mix, whatever you prefer, add whisk the dressing together, and pour it over the mix. Easy peasy!
Let not forget this is also a healthy slaw because around here, I’m all about a healthy lifestyle. It’s soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. When I was testing this Citrus Slaw recipe for the first time, I paired it with a blacked mahi and a peach salsa for the best-blacked fish tacos I have ever tasted! FYI the peach salsa and blackened mahi recipes will be available soon as well so you can experience the amazing tacos too!
The easiest and most refreshing slaw you will ever taste!
- 1 8oz bag slaw mix
- 2 cups chopped kale (optional)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- juice from 1/2 a large lime
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Wash and chop kale if using and add to a large bowl with slaw mix.
- Sprinkle slaw mix with salt and coconut sugar & toss to coat.
- Add all other ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour liquid mixture over slaw mix and toss. Enjoy!
* Slaw will stay fresh in a sealable bowl, in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing.