Cinnamon rolls, a pleasure for every individual for breakfast, brunch, or anytime really. I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like cinnamon rolls. If you don’t like them, WHO ARE YOU?!? Just kidding, more for me!
I’ve been living a gluten free lifestyle for quite a while now and I have yet to find a good boxed gluten free cinnamon rolls recipe. And believe me, I have looked a lot. Cinnamon rolls are great homemade but you have to worry about waiting for the yeast to rise and if it’s going to rise right. It takes so much time and I am too impatient to deal with all that. So I wanted to create a recipe that tasted like homemade but was derived from a box mix.
Well look no further because Simple Mills is the absolute BEST gluten free boxed everything. From cakes, to pizza crust, and everything in between. I’ve tried all their products and I love them all. So this delicious and easy cinnamon roll recipe uses the Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix as a base. All you have do to is add a few extra ingredients and viola, you have a wonderful cinnamon without having to deal with yeast. You’re welcome.
Gluten Free Cinnamon RollsPrint
Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
The easiest and most flavorful gluten free cinnamon rolls using my favorite boxed mix!
- 1 box Simple Mills artisan bread mix
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg or flax/chia egg if vegan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil (or unsalted ghee)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup almond milk
- In a mixing bowl, add egg, vanilla, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Used a hand or stand mixer and mix well.
- Mix in coconut sugar then slowly pour in bread mix and mix until combined well. The batter will be very sticky. Do not over-mix or rolls will be tough.
- Place dough onto parchment paper. Roll into a ball and completely wrap with parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mash with a fork until coconut oil or ghee has combined with sugar.
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until creamy.
- Once dough is cooled, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out a sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle with arrowroot to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Make an assembly line – the parchment paper, cinnamon filling, then a baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil. The dough will get sticky fast, so the process needs to be done quickly. DO NOT take the dough out of the freezer until you have everything ready.
- Rub a rolling pin with arrowroot and place dough onto the parchment paper sprinkled with arrowroot. Roll the dough out about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with cinnamon filling and roll until dough looks like a log.
- Use a large knife to slice the rolled dough into 1 inch pieces and carefully transfer to the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Once rolls are baked, drizzle with icing and DEVOUR!
If eating cinnamon rolls at a later date, do not top with icing. Place icing and rolls in separate sealable bowls and store in the refrigerator. Warm in the microwave or oven then drizzle with icing.