Sweet and Spicy Lemon Spinach Pasta
- 1 8oz. box gluten free rigatoni or pasta of your choice
- 4 oz. fresh spinach
- 2–4 links apple chicken sausage
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino remano cheese (optional)
- Boil pasta al dente and reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Slice sausages into bite-size pieces. Turn a nonstick pan to medium heat and add sausages with no oil. Cook until each side is browned (approximately 4 minutes on each side).
- Add minced garlic and olive oil to the pan with sausage and stir to combine. Let the garlic cook until fragrant. Around 2 minutes.
- Add in spinach, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add pasta and pasta water. Stir to coat everything well.
- Top with pecorino remano if you want a little cheese!