So, fall desserts are MY FAVORITE and one of these is Apple Cinnamon Tart. Apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, it’s so comforting. I’ve been trying to create anything and everything fall dessert lately because who doesn’t love them. So, am I right?!?
My husband loves any dessert with fruit so I thought it would be perfect to create a fall sweet treat that incorporated apples. So I decided to try an apple tart and it was a big hit. I let my family members sample it and then there was none left.
Also, this is the perfect dessert to take to Thanksgiving dinner. It is so gorgeous, makes your house smell amazing, and is delicious. In fact, your family will be sure to love it (as much as mine did).
Apple Cinnamon TartPrint
Apple Cinnamon Tart
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 honey crisp apples
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- Put all ingredients for crust (except water) into a food processor. Blend on low while slowly pouring in water. Blend until the mixture forms a firm ball of dough.
- Spray a tart dish with coconut oil and press dough into dish evenly. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut apples long way (about 1/4 inch thick).
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut sugar, coconut oil, and spices.
- Place half of the apple slices onto the tart crust and sprinkle all the sugar mixture on top. Place remaining apples on top of sugar mixture and dust with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes then cover tart with foil to prevent crust from burning and bake for 30 more minutes. Best served hot.
*Tart will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. Re-heat in the microwave or oven. I do not recommend freezing.