If you have read my blog before or follow me on the gram, you already know that maintaining a great skincare routine is extremely important to me. Next to eating healthy and working out, using great all natural skincare products is one of my biggest passions. I know it can be hard to switch from products you have used for years and begin using all natural products but trust me, it is totally worth it.
As I’ve mentioned before, I took the plunge several years ago and jumped onto the natural skincare band wagon and never looked back. It is easier for some people to gradually move to all natural products but I was the complete opposite. I took one afternoon and read every single label on all my beauty products and the ones that were full of chemicals, I trashed. I probably threw away two full trash bags of products but it was exciting for me because it meant I got to explore new brands of products.
One of the first brands I discovered in my all natural journey was Primally Pure (also known as PP). I immediately fell in love with the PP brand and have yet to use a product I don’t like. All of their products are so clean and smell amazing! I just cannot say enough about how much I love this company. Every PP product in my bathroom is amazing but the one I love the most is the Cleansing Oil.
I have struggled with acne for years and I have never used a product that helped cleanse my face so well. My face literally glows after using the oil cleanser and it makes my skin feel so moisturized. If you are unfamiliar with oil cleansing, it’s okay, I was too before PP came into my life. Oil cleansing helps exfoliate your face in a non-abrasive way so it’s like you get a mini facial every time you wash your face, whaaaaaat?!?
Now I’m going to be completely honest, if you don’t exfoliate your skin on a regular basis, your face may break out when first using the cleansing oil. The oil removes all the dirt and toxins from your pores but not to worry, the break outs will not last long. I love it because when I am cleansing my face I can feel blackheads coming out of my pores. How cool is that?!? I have never experienced this with any other cleanser, which is why this method is so effective. Another great thing about Primally Pure is that they have three different kinds of oils to choose from – oily skin, normal, and dry skin. Most companies that sell cleansing oil do not offer this and it is important to have an oil with the right formula for your skin type. Here are the steps of how I oil cleanse:
- I only oil cleanse at night. I don’t wash my face in the morning because washing it too much can do more harm to your skin than good. You can read more about why on the Primally Pure blog here
- If I have worn makeup that day, I remove my makeup with coconut oil and then pat my face dry with a towel.
- Then the fun starts! I cleanse with the oil for 1-2 minutes rubbing my face in a circular upwards motion.
- Once I am done cleansing, I wet one of these (clean) amazing wash cloths with hot water and place the cloth on my face. I let the wash cloth sit on my face until it cools then I pat the existing oil off.
- Then I use the Primally Pure Baby Bar to clean the remaining oil off my face. It is important to use a glycerin-based cleanser after using the oil. This helps your skin become more balanced and purified. There is more information on why to do this on the PP blog here.
- After I have washed and dried my face completely, I use one of my moisturizers to leave my skin feeling hydrated – the Blue Tansy Beauty Cream is my personal fave!
I encourage you to try the oil cleansing method. It has truly helped my skin in so many ways. I even recommended it to my sister, who also struggles with acne, and she said within 3 days her skin already looked and felt better than it ever has! If you have additional questions please email me using the contact form or check out the Primally Pure blog. They have so many good posts about oil cleansing!
Shop This Post:
*To get 10% off your purchase, use the code healthyhippie