It’s no secret that I love all natural skincare. Taking care of your skin is one of my many passions and I could literally talk about it all day. I haven’t always been this way though. It wasn’t until I was in my mid twenties that I started to really care about my skincare regimen and the ingredients I was putting onto my face. And if you are reading this and skincare is not a priority for you, then you need to make it one because those wrinkles will evolve fast! Even with the amount of love I have shown my skin over the last five years, I already have a pesky line on my forehead that will not go away and I am only 27 years old. Due to all the years of not drinking enough water (yes, this will have an impact on your skin) and not moisturizing my skin like I needed to, I already have some lines that are starting to emerge….darn it.
I used to struggle with bad acne and even though eating healthier has made my skin so much better, I believe the all natural skincare products I use have a positive influence as well. I probably use more skincare than the average person because my skin tends to do better if I don’t use the same product all the time. So I switch it up between several different oils and moisturizers. Also, I am obsessed with face masks! But since I use so many different ones, I’m going to write a separate blog about those. Please keep in mind that each item I list I love as much as the next!
For any products listed below, make sure to check out the promo codes at the end of this post to get % off your purchase!
- The Lavender and Frankincense Original oil from Little Barn Apothecary was the very first oil I started using. It is so light and smells amazing! Also, the lavender helps to calm any redness and it sinks in very fast for oil.
- I just starting using the Blue Tansy Beauty Cream from Primally Pure not too long ago and OH MY GOSH, it is the most silky cream I have ever used. Not to mention I could probably eat it right out of the jar it smells so good. It is a little pricier than most of the other products I use but it is so worth it and you don’t have to use much.
- I searched for months before I found a day cream that I really like. I wanted something light so it didn’t affect my makeup but not too light to where my face would get dry during the day. Well the Acure Brilliantly Brightening Day Cream made the cut because it is fantastic and it won’t put a dent in your wallet.
- Sometimes I need a heavy cream for my face at night. Especially in the colder months and the Borage & Botanicals Hydration Cream by Little Barn Apothecary does just the trick! It is so creamy and a little goes a long way!
- I never thought I would use an oil cleanser until I was introduced to Primally Pure’s Cleansing Oil and it is fantastic. I will do a more detailed post on why it is so important to use oil even if you have oily skin soon but for now just know that you cannot go wrong with this stuff.
- I love a good facial scrub and the Brightening Facial Scrub by Acure is top notch. I have never loved a facial scrub this much! It exfoliates your skin perfectly without leaving it red and irritated and afterwards your skin feels so soft! I love to scrub my face with this in the shower and then apply my Lavender and Frankincense oil after.
- I also use body oil after every bath or shower, big surprise right? And there is no body oil better than the La Bang Body brand. It is an Australian company but they just launched a US website that ships nationwide and the shipping is not outrages like some Aussie companies. My favorite scent is the vanilla; it smells like straight up cake batter. Does it get any better than that? I purchase like 3-4 tubes at a time because I go through them so fast.
- The one thing that I have trouble with year round is my lips staying chapped. I started using the Matcha and Citrus Hydrating Butter Balm from Little Barn Apothecary several years ago and I refuse to use any other lip balm. This stuff will last me for about 6-8 months and I use it every day so it is definitely worth the purchase. I keep one in my purse and one in my nightstand drawer.
- The Balancing Aloe and Rose Water Mist from Little Barn Apothecary is great when your face needs a little rejuvenation. I also use it as a setting mist for my makeup and I go through it like crazy in the summertime when I have been in the sun. I like to spritz it on my face and chest.
- I only use one body butter and that is the Almond + Vanilla Body Butter by Primally Pure. I have never used a body butter than is so creamy and it contains Tallow which is great for deeply moisturizing your skin. I use it on my hands every night before I go to bed.
- For the days I don’t wear makeup and I want a little extra moisture on skin without applying oil, the Weleda Almond Facial Cream is my go to. It smells so good and sinks in great.
Shop This Post:
Primally Pure – Don’t forget to use the code healthyhippie15 when you check out and you can get 15% your purchase the entire month of March!
Acure – Be sure to use the code TRYACURE to get 15% off your entire purchase!