Vegan Caramel Nut Mix
My husband loves fruit. He will eat it with anything and although fruit can be good for you, it’s not the best in large amounts. When we first got married, he would eat a banana and several oranges in one sitting and still want more. I have never met someone who likes fruit as much as him.
I look at fruit as sugar and carbs. They are good sugar and carbs but still. While I am very passionate about eating healthy, my husband supports me no matter what, but he is not the healthy eater I am. So I am always trying to find ways to sneak healthy fats into his diet in a way he will enjoy. Healthy fats are so good for the body and they keep you fuller for longer. I decided what better way to incorporate healthy fats than with fruit? This fruit and nut mix is a great snack for on the go or sitting at home watching TV. It has a sweet caramel-like coating that will keep you going back for more and more. I make a batch and store it in a mason jar so it stays fresh for several months….if my husband doesn’t eat it all at once!
Follow me on Instagram for more updates1Print
Vegan Caramel Nut Mix
This delicious snack is full of healthy fats to keep you fuller for longer in order to power through your day. It’s crunchy with a caramel-like coating that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1/2 cup white mulberries
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup slivered unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pink salt
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, and buckwheat kernels onto a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes. Remove nuts from oven after 8 minutes and pour them directly into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour all ingredients except for slivered coconut and coconut nectar into the bowl with nuts and mix well. Then pour in coconut nectar and mix well. Lastly, fold in slivered coconut.
- It is important to stir ingredients while nuts are still hot so the coconut nectar will stick.
- After all ingredients are mixed well, pour back onto the baking sheet and spread it out. Let the mix cool and then store in a sealable bowl or jar.