I love coffee!! In fact, when I was a child, my grandmother would put chilled decaf coffee in my sippy cup so I would acquire the taste. Due to the fact that neither of my parents drank coffee, she wanted me to love it as much as her, and guess what? I do!
I am a coffee snob, connoisseur, you name it, I just love coffee. I own two french presses, a coffee maker, and an espresso machine. Mornings are just not the same without my regular cup of joe.
However, I don’t drink coffee for the caffeine like most people. In fact, I almost always drink decaf because I experience chronic migraines and caffeine makes it worse. That’s right folks, I drink it for the taste!
Because I love it so much, I had to learn how to make my own lattes at home. Let’s be honest, lattes are not cheap. There is nothing better than a cinnamon honey latte. So this recipe has just the right amount of sweetness and trust me, your wallet will thank you.Print
Cinnamon Honey Latte
A creamy dairy free latte you can make from home. You will think you are a pro barista!
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ghee (I use Fourth & Heart brand)
- 2 shots of espresso*
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat milk over stove on medium-low for approximately 10 minutes or until it reaches desired temperature. I use a tea kettle but a sauce pan will work too.
- Once milk is heated, pour into a blender along with all other ingredients except for the espresso.
- Blend for 2 minutes on medium or until frothy. Pour milk mixture into a cup with espresso. Enjoy!
* If you don’t own an espresso machine, just use 2-4 tablespoons of very strong coffee.