I love pancakes. If I could eat pancakes for breakfast everyday, I totally would. But then my hips would be the size of Texas and my stomach would look like I’m in my second trimester of pregnancy. Despite the deliciousness of pancakes, the normal recipes are filled with all purpose flour, refined sugar, and dairy…..all of which give me stomach issues and make me SUPER bloated.
I decided to create a recipe that excludes all of the traditional ingredients that would make me feel terrible for days and make a stack of pancakes that would leave me satisfied and ready to take on the day ahead!
The one ingredient that you will find I use in almost everything is lemon. I love lemon….probably more than pancakes. It makes a dish taste so refreshing and with summer just arriving, I thought lemon pancakes would be a great start to a summer day.
I posted a picture of this pancake recipe on Instagram not too long ago and I received numerous requests for the recipe. So without further ado, here are the delicious lemon pancakes that will consume your kitchen every Saturday morning.
You will want to make these gluten free and dairy free pancakes for every weekend brunch! They are fluffy, with a hint of citrus and sweet. The best lemon pancakes ever!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 mintues
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 servings 1x
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 large lemons)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla ghee (I use Forth and Heart)
- Combine all dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a separate mixing bowl then add remaining wet ingredients, except for vanilla ghee, and whisk until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Grease a skillet with half of the vanilla ghee and pour approximately 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the pan set on medium heat.
- Halfway through the pancake batter, pour the remaining ghee onto the skillet. The batter will be slightly thick so shake the skillet or smooth out the batter with a spatula to get the desired thickness. Let each side brown slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheat in skillet. Top with coconut cream or maple syrup.
* If your honey is a thick consistency, warm it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until smooth
Keywords: pancakes, lemon, lemon pancakes, breakfast recipes, gluten free pancakes, gluten free breakfast, dairy free pancakes, dairy free breakfast, brunch food